I can’t believe how fast my time with Dad and Cindy have gone. I know it isn’t much time, but still – I’m not ready to go yet, despite some of the issues I’ve had.

It will be exciting to have my own bed again soon. I went from sleeping on the couch in Lemmy, Dom, and Camilla’s house to sleeping on a bed… but not the exact way I’d like to be. Let me explain. Dad and Cindy are in the process of moving, and they haven’t closed on their house yet, so they are living in a two-bedroom apartment. Dad and Cindy have one room, and David and Alex – and right now, me too – have the other room. David sleeps on a mattress on the floor, Alex sleeps on the top bunk, and I sleep on the bottom bunk. They go to bed early, and then around midnight or 1:00, I have to lift my leg and duck at the same time in order to crawl into the bottom bunk. I hit my head the other night, and for two or three nights, I haven’t been able to sleep well. It doesn’t help when my brothers want to play and end up waking me up around 8:30 in the morning so they can have the room.

We haven’t done much, but it’s been nice. It’s weird, because I’m so used to working and being on my own and worrying about things I have to do, and I’m not used to relaxing and having a lot of free time.

Monday, Cindy took the boys to see G-Force. I declined the invitation, though it wasn’t because I didn’t want to see a movie with them, it was just that I wasn’t interested in that movie in particular, much less in 3-D. I called my mom, and I called Teddy. I did that as I walked across the street to get some fresh air. I browsed through some stores and then came back. I wasn’t gone long.

Tuesday, I took the boys swimming, but I didn’t swim. I sat poolside and read, and we went inside when I heard thunder.

Wednesday, we went to the Humane Society. It’s no secret that David and Alex have wanted a dog for a really long time, and when they are finally settled into the new house, they’re going to get a dog.  We got a dog out, her name was Jo, and she wasn’t too interested in us, but she was hyperactive. Cindy tried to put her back in her cage, and she escaped and ran around the dog room. All the dogs were barking like crazy, and I just stood there, panicked, like, “What do I do?” I don’t mind dogs, I’m just more of a cat person – I’m quiet, and cats are quiet. Dogs are loud, usually. The other dog we got out, Jock, was quiet. He’s been there for a while, and Cindy and the boys have got him out before. He’s a really sweet dog, and they’re thinking that if he’s still at the Humane Society when they move in, they’ll get him. Unfortunately, they can’t just reserve a dog for another week or so. I hope they’ll be able to get him, though.

After the dogs, we went to look at the cats. There was this one, pawing at me through her cage.


Her name is Jana, and I thought she was a pretty cat. I picked her up, and pet her for a while. She was very friendly. I felt so bad when I had to put her back in the cage. She knew it, too, as soon as we rounded the corner. She dug her claws into my jeans and wouldn’t go back in. I kept saying, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I wish I didn’t have to, but I can’t take you.” I think I should visit the Muncie Humane Society sometime. I miss having a pet, but because I’m living in the dorms, I can’t have anything but a fish…

Wednesday night, I talked to the boyfriend and I played doctor to some of David and Alex’s stuffed animals. They’re not perfect, but they’re mended.

Thursday evening we went to Bd’s Mongolian Barbeque and Graeter’s. I love Graeter’s Ice Cream. I haven’t had it in a long time, and it was really good.

Today, we’re going back to Richmond to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. Funny, we only left there on Sunday. Tomorrow is our family reunion. I haven’t been to one in a while. Unfortunately, my brothers and I will be the only grandchildren from our section of the family attending, so I don’t know how entertaining it will be.

Home on  Sunday!